I guess I should go back to the beginning of this journey, which actually started many months ago when one of last year's Leadership on the Edge participants made a presentation to a meeting I was in about his trip to Antarctica. I remember thinking what an incredible opportunity something like this would be, but I never thought I'd be in the position to participate. I was wonderfully surprised when the head of our department here in the US called to ask me if I would mind being nominated and then even more bowled over when he called again a while later to tell me I had been selected--I am so honored! I have to say that it is funny to gauge people's reactions--some are excited for me (and would love to join in on the expedition) and some look at me like this is the craziest thing they have ever heard--how in the world could being selected to go to Antarctica be an honor? I wouldn't exchange it for many things though--I am looking forward to the trip of a lifetime, a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn more about myself, my team, my company and our world.
This weekend, I've got to sort through my gear and make sure I'm not missing anything--more about that (with pictures) to follow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment