Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Final Packet

The team has just received its final packet from 2041, the company leading the expedition. The final packet includes the expedition manual, as well as a final checklist, a summary of all the information we previously received and emergency contact information. I have to say the trip is becoming more and more REAL!

I went through the gear list again last night, and I am down to the final purchases--most of which I could probably make do without (other than seasickness medicine--I am not normally prone to seasickness, but I want to be prepared for the dreaded Drake Passage). I think tonight I will try to pack all of my gear into my duffel to make sure that it all fits.

I've also started trying to prepare home for me being gone for 19 nights--I made a sheet for each day with notes for my girls, my sitter and my husband of all of the things that usually just happen when I am at home. I am quite sure that they will all manage just fine while I am gone but the control freak in me is worried about the details.

After I get all my gear organized tonight or tomorrow night, I'll be back with the pictures of the gear that I promised earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment