Thursday, March 5, 2009

Gear


I didn't realize that I had purchased so much BLACK until I laid it all out last night. My doctor called in my prescription for the seasickness patches today, so I am really down to the last couple of items. I still need a back up battery for my camera, some little padlocks for my luggage, handwarmers, etc. In many ways, it is better that I only have 1 more weekend before we leave--I don't need more time to come up with things I may use on the trip. In the picture, you'll see Pix the Penguin and Chilly Willie the Polar Bear. They'll be coming along with me, courtesy of my girls' school classrooms. Pix will be representing my kindergartner's class, and Chilly is coming as an ambassador from my 3rd-grader's class. I have a little journal for each class, and I hope to be able to record my thoughts in a way that 5 to 10 year olds can really understand.

2 comments:

  1. will you wear the AkzoNobel cap or is it only for promotion? Nice to read your blog Tift. Rogier

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that black will help you stand out in all that Antartica white!
    I think that it's wonderful to involve the girls in the trip. You will provide motivation and learning that they will never forget. The teachers and classes must be thrilled! Pix and Chilly Willy will keep you and the girls closer during the long time away from each other, too.

    ReplyDelete